Take the Lap out of Laptop
5 ways to help you work on a laptop
The COVID 19 pandemic has shifted a lot of people to work from home. This has lead to many people using their laptops as permanent laptop work stations. If you haven’t invested in an ergonomic work station, and are forced to use a laptop, there are a few changes you can make to prevent future pain and strain. Creating an effective ergonomic solution does not need to cost a lot of money.
- Bring your screen up to eye level by putting your laptop on a stack of books or a box.
- Use a tv tray to hold a separate keyboard and mouse so that your elbows are at 90o, under your shoulders, and your wrists are straight
- Put a book or stool under your feet to keep your knees at approximately 90o, and your feet don’t dangle.
- Put an extra cushion on your chair if you need a little extra height to keep your hips and knees at approximately 90o
- Use a cushion, rolled towel, or obus forme type of support for your back
Note: Everyone is built differently. These are just guidelines and don’t account for previous injury, individual variation, or medical history. For individualized advice, call us for an appointment.
For advice on setting up your desktop workstation click here.